Sat, Jan 1, 2011
Terence Cantarella is the author of Rosa’s Corner. He lived in seven different countries growing up and now lives in Miami.
1. Where are you from?
The island of Cyprus is the closest thing to home that I know. Well … and now Miami, too.
2. How long have you been in South Florida?
3. What’s your six-word South Florida memoir?
Little Haiti. Old house. Stray dog.
4. Favorite South Florida indicted politician and why?
I love them all collectively. Do you really want them to go away? Everyone loves a good scandal.
5. Favorite thing about the tourist season?
Having a good excuse to avoid South Beach.
6. Who’s not running for mayor of Miami-Dade County that should be?
Don Francisco. South Florida politics should be a breeze after Sabado Gigante.
7. The last night club you went to, what you drank, how much you paid for the drink and how much to get in?
The last time I was in a club, Clinton was president.
8. Color that most makes you want to vomit when you see it in South Florida?
None. Only colorless places make me want to vomit.
9. Where would you rather be than in South Florida?
Lost in a developing nation with no plans and plenty of money.
10. What’s your favorite thing about the off-season (non-tourist season)?
Heat. The hotter the better. It makes me feel alive.